The hair transplant involves the removal of hair follicles from the back of the scalp and then its implantation on the frontal area. This is a surgical procedure that involves the use of hair from the donor area to restore the scalp. There are certain things that a patient needs to follow while on the treatment and after the treatment. Once you are done with the hair transplant you need to follow a proper recovery schedule. For proper recovery, you need to visit our Enfield Royal Clinic and wait for several months. Read the page Hair Transplant Recovery: Tips and Tricks for a Smooth Experience to know the details.
Hair transplant Recovery:
Most of the time, the patient can return to their normal activities within a few days or a week. However, the scalp can take several weeks to get fully healed. These follicles start growing after this time. You may feel scabbing, swelling, and discomfort after the process but it goes away with time.
- After a hair transplant, you will need a person who can drive you home and can take care of you. You do not need sedation for the treatment sometimes.
- Wash your hair smoothly
- Be gentle with your scalp
- Do the hair wash with the help of a cup
- Apply conditioners on your scalp
- Dye your hair before the process at least 4 weeks before as it does not have a negative impact on the scalp
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Expect some hair fall after the procedure as it is common to have a hair fall
- Follow the prescriptions of your doctor in which all the medications are involved too.
- Keep the scalp clean and hygienic
- Sleep in a position that is elevated
There are some things that a person should avoid to get proper results. These don’ts are as follows:
- Don’t sleep on your flat tummy
- Don’t get tensed when you feel swelling and redness even after 2 to 3 days
- Don’t use ice directly on your scalp
- Don’t let a scab form on your head as it can cause irritation and pain for you
- Don’t wash your hair unless 2 days are passed
- Don’t wear any sort of hats and caps because it is best if nothing touches your skin after the treatment
- Don’t get exposed to sunlight as it can affect your skin and there is a risk of sunburn
- Don’t get engaged in heavy activities
- Don’t dye your hair 4 weeks after the process
- Don’t consume alcohol and avoid smoking
All these tactics help you in getting the best hair transplant in New York.
Tips by Which You Can Make Your Recovery Fast:
To make your rehabilitation fast, you need to follow these guidelines:
- Gently wash your hair
- Talk to your doctor if you feel irritated and in pain
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated
- Eliminate the direct exposure
- Eat a healthy diet containing carbohydrates and good fats
Contribution of Minoxidil and Finasteride:
Medicines like minoxidil and finasteride are used to treat hair loss. 5% of the medicine should be used by men while women should only get 2%. These drugs will reduce hair loss and balding of the scalp by stopping it. Depending on the need of the patient your doctor will prescribe the needed medicines.
After a transplant, these medicines are used for one month at least.
How To Use Lotion and Hair Wash?
All the patients are advised to use the prescribed lotions on the scalp once the hair transplant is done. Lotion should be applied to the skin after tapping. You should wait for around half an hour to apply the lotion on the skin.
Use lukewarm water for the hair wash. Do not scratch your scalp while washing.
If before the hair wash your scalp appears so dry you need to apply lotion. Stop washing in this case.
To strengthen the hair and nails you need to go for biotin as it can act as a supplement. You need to use hairfinity pills after 6 months. Biotin can be bought from any pharmacy as it is not necessary that it should be prescribed by a doctor.
Correct Sleeping Pattern:
To avoid touching the treated area you need to follow a proper sleeping pattern so that you have fewer chances for the risks. It is advised to sleep in an elevated position by using several pillows. Decreasing the swelling is possible by the maximum use of pillows. Sleeping on the back is preferred so that the patients can easily get through the recovery phase.